Online learning is a relatively new phenomena delivered courtesy of the availability and pricing of the computer. This new trend in learning, however, is taking off at the speed of light. As more and more students realize the benefits of these courses, distance learning master degrees are becoming more common.
Distance learning master degrees still require all the key features of a degree earned in a classroom setting, but they give students the freedom to live (and earn) a little while they learn. These factors alone account for the biggest reasons why more and more people and more and more universities are seeing distance learning master degrees as viable options for advancing education.
While distance learning programs tend to vary depending on the institution involved, they still require coursework, tests and even major research, especially in the case of the masters programs. Although a student can perform coursework in their bathrobes, these programs do not typically skimp on the workload involved.
Distance learning masters degrees simply provide a new way for students to learn on their own schedules. These programs make it feasible for people already employed in their field of choice to continue doing so while they improve their chances for advanced and higher potential money earning.
These distance learning programs used to be rather limited in their scope. This is not the case any more. As more and more universities realize this is a viable option for solid teaching, especially for students who thrive in this type of setting, the program choices are opening wide up. While some more hands-on degrees might not be available, or in-person course work or labs will still be required, the choice is still pretty amazing.
Some of the more common distance learning master degrees offering fall into these areas of study:
* Education. It is possible for teachers to teach during the day and earn their masters at night. These programs can really open doors for those who want to advance in this field and even move up and on to administration.
* Government. From engineering work to public administration, the online offerings for government workers are pretty amazing.
* Computer science. It makes sense these degrees would be found for online study. Some of the more popular choices here include basic computer science, computer engineering and more.
* Business. Masters of business administration degrees might be one of the biggest draws for online learning. In addition to MBAs, accounting, financial management and even international business programs can be found, as well.
* Medical. While hands-on components will still almost always be required, it is possible for students to take much of the necessary coursework online. Nursing, psychology and other similar programs are common.
The above is just a small sampling of the masters programs students can take online from accredited universities. The truth is that while these programs have not eliminated a need for face-to-face learning, they are making it possible for many to remove the roadblocks that stand between them and advanced degrees.
Computer Science: An Overview uses broad coverage and clear exposition to present a complete picture of the dynamic computer sc…
What should we do, or leave undone, in a day or a lifetime? How much messiness should we accept? What balance of the new and famil…
Revised and updated with the latest information in the field, the Fifth Edition of best-selling Computer Science Illuminated conti…
This third edition of John Zelle’s Python Programming continues the tradition of updating the text to reflect new technologies whi…
This book introduces the mathematics that supports advanced computer programming and the analysis of algorithms. The primary aim o…
Turing’s fascinating and remarkable theory, which now forms the basis of computer science, explained for the general reader.In 193…