You will not be able to lose weight effectively if you don’t have some type of portion control system in place. And a food addiction throws portion control out the window.
Unfortunately, many people do not know how to beat food addictions.
So here is how food addictions become impossible to beat:
1. You feel unsafe: The primary chemical in your brain that provides a sense of safety is dopamine. And dopamine can be derived from food. You see, food causes alterations in your brain that can increase how much dopamine you have.
2. Not getting enough sound sleep: Sleep deprivation leads to increased cravings for carbs. And eating too many carbs will not only make you gain weight, but it will also mess up your levels of blood sugar. This can lead to an increased consumption of food.
3. Infrequent feedings: Your body will do best with feedings that are small and frequent. Otherwise, your blood sugar will go up and down. And this sugar roller coaster ride will make hunger and ever increasing issue.
4. Negative emotions: There are too many negative emotions to list here. However, food can cause alterations in your brain chemistry that appease the negativity. Obviously, food isn’t a permanent solution here.
5. Not manipulating your environment: If you don’t try to change your environment before changing yourself, you will have a very hard time. You see, relying on self control will exhaust you and it’s not necessary.
6. Eliminating food groups: Taking entire food groups out of your diet will compromise blood sugar levels in your body. And once this happens, you will not be able to control your drive to eat food. You need balance in your diet to make it here.
Having a food addiction will make it virtually impossible to get in shape. So get rid of the addiction today so that you can get in shape by tomorrow!
“Wolke is Martha Stewart with a PhD.” ―American Scientist”Wolke, longtime professor of chemistry and author of the Washington Po…
Master 50 simple concepts to ensure success in the kitchen. Unlock a lifetime of successful cooking with this groundbreaking new …
This latest edition of the most internationally respected reference in food chemistry for more than 30 years, Fennema’s Food Che…
First published in 1984, and now in its 6th edition, this book has become the classic text on food chemistry around the world. The…
Scientific Explorer Tasty Science Kit will satisfy your little chef’s sweet tooth and feed their brain all in the name of scienc…
Great cooking goes beyond following a recipe–it’s knowing how to season ingredients to coax the greatest possible flavor from the…
* Water Activity
1.Fennema O.R. 1996. Food Chemistry. 3rd edition. Marcel Dekker, Inc. NY.
Water Act: pgs 42-50
2. Belitz H. D., Grosch W., and Schieberle P. 2004. Food Chemistry. 3rd edition. Springer-Verlag. Belin. pgs3-4
3. Christen G.L. and Smith J.S. 2000. Food Chemistry: Principles and Applications. Science Technology System. West Sacramento, CA. PGS 21-35
4. Hui Y. H. (ed.). 2012. Food Chemistry: Principles and Applications, 3rd. ed., Science Technology System. West Sacramento, CA. PGS 4-7
5. DeMan J.M. 1999. Principles of Food Chemistry. 3rd edition. An Aspen Publication. Gaithersburg pg 6-13
Food Chemistry Water Activity