College students or would be college students looking at the possibilities distance learning programs offer will soon find out the opportunities are many. These programs have come a long way in a very short time. Where there once were only a few choices in the distance learning arena, there are now many.
Students seeking out distance learning programs should be certain the schools and universities they deal with have their proper accreditation. This is becoming much easier to achieve as more state universities and well known private institutions bring their brand of learning online. Still, it’s wise to check. It is also advised to make sure the individual degree program is accredited. A university might have accreditation, but its school of journalism, for example, might not.
Anyone looking at these programs will soon find it is now possible to earn any level of degree offered at institutions of higher learning. Programs common in distance learning include:
* Certifications. This is sort of the bread and butter of distance learning programs. Certification classes are common for almost every field imaginable. When there is a need to take a certain class for continued employment requirements or to open up doors for a new job, certification programs can generally be found to meet the needs. These range from medical classes and law enforcement certifications to computer science, education and beyond.
* Associates degrees. The variety of these “entry level” degrees available online from accredited schools is pretty amazing. Everything from computers and business to general study and beyond can be found. These degrees often work well for landing employment and they can also be fantastic stepping stones for advancing onto higher level degree programs.
* Bachelors programs. The variety of programs tends to narrow a bit by this level of degree program, but not much. The truth is many programs offered in person can now be found online. From criminal justice and education to computer science, business administration and even psychology, it is possible to find very good bachelor level distance learning programs.
* Doctorates degrees. Here is where the field really narrows. The most common doctorates programs offered online center on the business and finance fields. Other choices do exist, but with these programs, it is particularly vital to ensure accreditation is in order.
The types of distance learning programs available online will vary with each institution offering them. Some schools provide their full course schedule online; others only offer select programs.
When these programs are selected, it is important for students to check into accreditation and also to be prepared for some work. While the classes do take place online, they are real college-level classes. This means reading, and a lot of it. It also means tests, reports, research and more.
Distance learning programs can open doors for all manner of degree programs. Whether a student is seeking certification in a particular area or they want to go on for a doctorates degree, many programs can be found online, making it easier for students to obtain the education they desire.
A good book to learn the basics of the computer science including introduction to computers, history, classification, computer arc…
A fascinating exploration of how insights from computer algorithms can be applied to our everyday lives, helping to solve common d…
This is the second edition of John Zelle’s Python Programming, updated for Python 3. This book is designed to be used as the prima…
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come pack…
The Evolution of Technology Having sold more than 2 million copies over its lifetime, How Computers Work is the definitive il…
* My favorite interview question, as you can see.
Mentioned in the video:
☞ Invisalign Express treatment http://www.invisalign.com/news-and-events/2012/invisalign-express
☞ AP Java https://www.reddit.com/r/APStudents/comments/222s3c/ap_computer_science_selfstudy_with_codeacademy/
☞ Google EP (Engineering Practicum) internship https://www.google.com/about/careers/search#!t=jo&jid=120165001&
☞ Sparrow Hospital Forensic Pathology, where I volunteered http://www.sparrow.org/forensic-pathology-services
☞ Listening Ear, where I became a crisis counselor http://theear.org/newear/
☞ Previous video about my APM internship at Google https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9z_vxtI370
☞ Whether a molecule will be trigonal pyramidal 😉 https://ch301.cm.utexas.edu/help/ch301/geometries.pdf
Music used: Colorful Spots Super Extended by Nicolai Heidlas
I’m Angie. I’m 20. I can type faster than words can come out of your mouth. I like to share my life. I make mobile apps. AngieInTheValley is a channel on my ventures as a computer scientist in Silicon Valley.
Follow me on Snapchat: @hmmxsunshine
AngieInTheValley will be travelling without computer and internet access until August. Subscribe so you can get notified when she returns! In the meantime, look for her in your local country 😉
Why I Majored in Computer Science | Premed vs CS | AngieInTheValley