When you choose a college major, you obviously want to choose a major that will not only utilize your passions, interests, and skills, but also one that will give you a great chance to earn a good-earning income. After all, even if you choose a major that you are interested in and have aptitude in, it won’t do you much good if the job market dries up for that particular field.
Looking at major trends that are developing in our economy, the following five trends will greatly influence what jobs will be the most-in-demand for the next ten years.
1. Aging Baby Boomers.
2. Better Medicine.
3. Increased Costs of Child Care.
4. Rapid Technology Growth.
5. Distributed Work.
Five of the projected most in-demand occupations for the next ten years are the following –
1. Computer Programmer – Even though many American companies are hiring overseas workers for programming jobs, there is still plenty of work for qualified computer specialists as well. Increased security risks and recent security breaches have led to American companies paying more for in-house teams of programmers that can be monitored more closely.
Plus, nowadays, companies will want their programmers to develop software programs that specifically work and are unique to their companies to help streamline their operations and make them more efficient and profitable.
This is why computer programming degrees and courses in programming and security will become very popular in the near future.
2. Day Care Provider – Due to the fact that both parents now usually have to work in this day and age in order to sustain a moderate to high level of living, the demand for quality child care is on the rise, and this is why parents are willing to pay higher premiums to facilities with excellent reputations and strong learning programs.
Child Psychology courses and day care management diplomas should be on the rise due to the recent trend in wanting quality day care providers.
3. Elder Care Specialist – Baby Boomers can’t rely on larger families to help take care of them like their parents could, so they are turning to professionally operated assisted living facilities. Some of these facilities come equipped with luxury amenities like golf courses and four-star dining.
Due to the recent cases of elderly neglect at some facilities, the government and society are watching elder care facilities much more closely, which is all the more reason why these facilities are demanding job candidates with proven skills and uplifting attitudes.
Medical Assisting courses, Life Care Planning certificates, and Gerontology degrees should be useful in pursuing this career.
4. Employment Specialist – Due to the demands of child care and elderly care, more American businesses have turned to employment agencies to arrange short-term or flexible employment relationships. Companies that also need to be flexible in terms of how many employees they have due to seasonal customer demand also utilize professional agencies to have the right number of employees at all times of the year.
The U.S. Department of Labour and private studies conclude that this field will be in great demand over the next decade because of the factors listed above. For those who have strong interpersonal skills and a wide degree of interests, this occupation would fit them perfectly. Being that he/she usually will get paid a commission on the income of placed workers, it can be a lucrative paying field as well.
Taking Human Resource training courses and earning a Human Resources Management degree are key to entering this growing field.
5. Environmental Engineer – This field will be in demand because of the growing communities in Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, and Florida, as well as the crumbling infrastructure of America’s more established cities and towns.
Environmental engineers oversee new construction and renovation, which help to preserve natural resources and keep residents safe. Many environmental engineers work for developers and corporations that want to take a proactive approach to their business, in an effort to build strong relationships with their customers and to comply with the law.
Environmental Engineering degrees and courses that deal with conservation and the environment are critical to entering this field.
By knowing what careers will be in-demand over the next 10 years, you can see which career best fits your interests and make plans to study for a degree related to that career so you can give yourself a better chance of obtaining a well-earning, sustaining position when you graduate.
This best-selling, multidisciplinary, social aging text presents positive images of aging while considering the many factors that …
This product includes the Review Manual, which you can ONLY obtain by attending the live course and the 12 disc live course CD set…
Why do we age? How do we age? These questions have baffled scientists for centuries and remain unresolved. The answer to the “ho…
Ensure success on the ANP or FNP certification exam!2,945 questions—2,420 in the text and 525 on the Bonus CD-ROM—encompass al…
With Ferrex 18. High potency multi-vitamin & iron supplement. Made in the U.S.A….