Ethics and compliance is an important consideration for most businesses nowadays. Efficient ethical and compliant practices can only be truly implemented if all company staff members, from maintenance workers to managers are trained on this matter. If you are required to undertake such a course, as part of your job qualification and you are not sure what to expect from it, following are the most important topics covered in any ethics and compliance training program.
* Most ethics training courses begin by presenting the current legislation on the matter, which involve fraud and abuse laws, false claims, and the ant kickback statute. This will help participants to both get familiarized with legal requirements and to more thoroughly understand why compliance is important.
* During the training course, participants will learn how to conduct themselves with honesty and fairness while practicing their job responsibilities, as a means of increasing business transparency and customer trust.
* Training programs show business managers how they can go about creating codes of conduct and making them available to staff members. Additionally, they also teach employees how they are required to act in order to comply with these codes.
* An important principle of ethics is represented by discrimination prevention. Training programs are designed to raise awareness regarding diversity and to show participants how to act in a respectful manner.
* Training courses also focus on conflicts of interests, which are a natural occurrence in any type of business, and on the proper way of handling them.
* Another popular topic in ethics is represented by the importance of information security and the various ways in which it can be ensured: proper information storage, secure databases, confidentiality acts, and so on.
* Regardless of their line of work, businesses are also required to take into consideration issues such as community safety and health, and the environment. Ethics training programs teach businesses how they can alter their activity to both ensure profit and proper regards to the environment and community.
* Ethics and compliance training courses outline several inadmissible work behaviors, such as violence, bribery, drug, or alcohol abuse. Training courses will provide with ways to both avoid such behavior and to punish the culprits if they do occur.
* Training programs also present various methods which can be used to create proper reporting mechanisms and teach employees how they should handle themselves if they want to report any ethics violations.
* Another topic is represented by the risks companies subject themselves to in the case of non-compliance. Civil and criminal penalties are widely discussed so as to make businesses aware of what is at stake.
These are the most important topics covered in any ethics and compliance training program and should give you a more clear idea on what this course is all about. The fundamental concept behind such programs is teaching employees how to work with integrity in order to create a fair work environment; as a result, the need for any type of workers to undergo such training is more than evident.
Makes Ethical Ideas Accessible to Students With a clear presentation, Ethics: Theory and Practice educates readers about …
This anthology is a thorough introduction to classic literature for those who have not yet experienced these literary masterworks….
Our self-image as moral, well-behaved creatures is dogged by scepticism, relativism, hypocrisy, and nihilism, by the fear that in …
“One swallow does not make a summer; neither does one day. Similarly neither can one day, or a brief space of time, make a man ble…
With its unique union of theory and application and its well-organized, easy-to-use design, Moral Choices has earned its place as …
* Preview the full “Wrong Way Right Way: Ethics Cases” training program here:
Help inject refreshing laughter into your ethics training with the help of our “Wrong Way Right Way: Ethics Cases” training program. Skip the dry-lecture format and use the program’s humorous video snippets to show employees the “wrong way” and the “right way” of handling 17 common ethics issues:
– Bribes and Kickbacks
– Confidential Information
– Conflicts of Interest
– Expense Reports
– Gifts and Entertainment
– Insider Trading
– Misstatement/Falsifying Company Documents
– Misuse of Company Assets
– Records and Information Management
– Responsible Communication
– Retaliation and Speaking Up
– Sales – Revenue Recognition
– Social Media
– Third Party Risk
– Bonus: Safety
Available on DVD. Individual ethics cases available as streaming videos.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DSSLearning
Copyright © 2013 Coastal Training Technologies Corp. All rights reserved. The DuPont Oval Logo, DuPont™, The miracles of science™ and all products denoted with ® or ™ are registered trademarks or trademarks of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company or its affiliates.
Workplace Ethics Scenarios — Ethics Video | DuPont Sustainable Solutions