by Will Lion
Psychology online assignment help
What is Psychology?
Psychology is an academic as well as applied field of study. It includes study of mental functions & behaviors by scientific techniques. It mainly targets in understanding individual and groups through subsequent various principles & making references from earlier case studies. The major target of this discipline is to advantage the society. Psychology could also be termed as the study of the science & mind of human as animals.
The term Psychology comes from the Greek word “psyche” that stand for “breathe, spirit and soul” and another Greek word “logia” that stand for “the study of something”. According to Med lexicon’s medical dictionary a Psychology is “The profession (clinical Psychology), scholarly discipline or academic psychology, and science or research psychology concerned along with the behavior of humans & animals, and assocaited mental and physiologic processes.”
Branches of Psychology
There are several branches of Psychology. There has been an ongoing debate regarding the categorization of the branches of psychology. It in fact varies from one element of the world to other. Therefore, the subsequent classifications have been considered as major branches of psychology. The categorization is as follows:
* Clinical Psychology: It merges science, theory and practice in order to discover, investigate and inquiry issues of disability, maladjustment and discomfort.
* Cognitive Psychology: It mainly deals along with the internal mental process such as problem memory, solving, learning, and language. It is closely concurrent up along with neuro science.
* Developmental Psychology: It is concerned along with the psychological changes of a person in which he experiences throughout his overall life. It includes psychological factors such as problem solving ability, motor skill, moral understanding, forming conception about self, and creation of identity, emotional development, language learning and many more. It is also referred to as human development.
* Evolutionary Psychology: It is concerned along with the psychological changes in human behavior occurs because of adjustment during evolution.
* Forensic Psychology: Here psychology is being applied for criminal investigations.
* Health Psychology: It is also called as medical psychology. It is mainly concerned about how behavior, social and biology context affect illness and health.
* Neuro Psychology: It deals along with structure and functions of brains.
* Occupational Psychology: It enquirers about the performance of a person in his work place.
* Social Psychology: It is majorly the impact of social happenings on human behavior.
Anderson offers systematic and accessible presentation of the theoretical foundations of higher mental processes, with each import…
This coherent overview of cognitive psychology is organized in terms of themes that cut across topic areas. Written by well-known …
Previous editions have established this best-selling student handbook as THE cognitive psychology textbook of choice, both for its…
With an accessible, easy-to-understand writing style, the fifth edition of COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY will give you the tools you need t…
Cognitive Psychology In and Out of the Laboratory provides a student-centered approach for undergraduate courses in cognitive psyc…
* This video provides a brief and general introduction to the significant events that led to the emergence of cognitive psychologist. Use this video along with the in-class homework assignment found at the course blog site: http://blogs.unbc.ca/cognition
A brief history of cognitive psychology