As a matter of fact, the majority of young people think that anthropologists deal only with dinosaurs’ bones. However, the number of fields of the anthropological studies are very wide. They include archaeology, medical anthropology, cultural anthropology, social anthropology and physical anthropology. All the branches of anthropology deal with different sciences and have a specific specialization. At any rate, no matter what type of the anthropology you choose, you will develop certain skills that will be valuable for your future career.
Let us consider the skills that you need to study anthropology as an academic discipline.
1. First of all, it should be mentioned that you will acquire specific subject knowledge that vary according to the focus of your course.
2. Then, you will acquire a set of analytical skills that can be applied to any job.
3. You will also develop a set of general skills among which are learning study skills as you will work with great volumes of information. You should also know how to search for information, analyze and present it.
4. As you will have to write a lot of essays and reports as well as research works, you should have good literacy and good writing skills. As some part of your works should be presented in front of the audience, you should also develop public speech skills, communicational and representational skills.
5. Moreover, as you will often work in groups, than you should also work on your teamwork kills and leadership skills as well as discussion skills.
6. In addition, you will have to use computer technologies in order to collect, assess, analyze and present different data. So, you need good computer skills.
7. Moreover, studying this course, you will develop logical thinking, and problem-solving thinking as you will have to construct and protect your arguments.
In this illuminating tour of humanity, Joy Hendry and Simon Underdown reveal the origins of our species, and the fabric of human s…
According to the author, seeing life through the multifaceted lens of anthropology makes living more rewarding and adds meaning to…
Inspires students to think like anthropologists in a multicultural and global age. Covering the essential concepts that drive cult…
Explore the most fascinating, creative, dangerous, and complex species alive today: you and your neighbors in the global village. …
In this invigorating mix of natural history and adventure, artist-naturalist Ellen Meloy uses turquoise—the color and the gem—…
* Something a bit different this time.
It was going to be my entry for Remix Wars VII buuuut…
*an immitation of talking slowly* I”’ve misssed thhe deaadliiine…
So now it we be just posted here and that’s it :3
Download the remix:
Cover art (by me):
[remix] AwkwardMarina – Anthropology (Lyra’s Song) remix by Yoka the Changeling